RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Fanduel Road to AllStar Contest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jbiebs View Drop Down

Quote Jbiebs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fanduel Road to AllStar Contest
    Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 5:14pm
Just trying to get some answers as I'm pretty frustrated about what happened today.

I entered the Fanduel Road to All-Star Contest
on Jan 6th and won an entry to the final as shown below.  

I read over the rules before entering and it states that you have to be a US Citizen OR Resident.  I’m a US citizen, who currently resides in Canada right now, so I figured that would be fine.  I even sent a message to fanduel after I won to confirm that it was ok.  
They wrote me back this statement

"Thanks for the reply. According to the eligibility terms of the contest, you should be okay to play since you are a citizen of the US!
Please let us know if you have any other questions. "

Here’s a link to the contest details and rules which were taken down last week
https://web.archive.org/web/20160116015902/https://www.fanduel.com/nba/

It clearly states You must be a citizen OR resident of the United States  not AND

So I figured great I’m all set.  Now all I have to do is start studying for those January 27th games.  Anyways after countless hours the day finally comes to enter my lineup and it's not available.  Their support staff told me my ticket would show up in the ‘Upcoming Entries’ tab on the 27th so I could enter my lineup, but today I looked and nothing.  So I contacted the Fanduel support to see what was going on and they told me I was a Canadian resident so I wasn’t eligible to participate.  I told them the rules clearly state that you have to be a citizen (which I am) or resident and not both, so he went back and read them and said “oh I see, you’re right”.  He asked me if I was contacted by the promotions department at any time and I said “no, I wasn’t contacted by anyone”.  I sent them several emails before today asking when the entry would be available and they said on the 27th so I didn’t think anyone would be contacting me beforehand.  I thought maybe after the final they would contact me if I won but not before.

Anyways after that he said “I have to talk with my boss and the promotions director”.  He wrote back saying that this was definitely a mistake on their part and the promotions director would be contacting me regarding this matter asap.  This was at 9am.  Well a few hours went by with no call so I sent another email to support at 11am, and then tried the live chat after that to get someone to contact me.  Nothing.  I tried again at 1:30pm and kept getting the run around.  “The promotions director will contact you soon”. So I searched and found a phone number online and called it and it was an answering machine so I left a message.  Someone from their support staff called me back but said he couldn’t do anything and just relayed the message to the promotions director.  

I kept trying the support site after that but they just wouldn’t help.  Same answer as before.  Well 4pm rolled around and here I am. Pretty upset that I didn’t even get a phone call to explain the situation.   All I wanted to do was enter my lineup for a chance.  There was no guarantee I was winning the trip.  I’ve never won anything big so I was hoping this might be my chance.  The wife had to put up with hours of watching basketball so I was going to take her, but now that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.  Well I need to vent this because I’m pretty bummed that 1 – I didn’t get to enter my lineup in the final that I qualified and was eligible for and 2 – that no one at Fanduel wouldn’t call me to explain the situation. If anyone knows someone from there who could contact me I'd really appreciate it. 
Not that it means anything to them but I won't be playing there anymore after this.

Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.031 seconds.