NFL Draft: Final 1st Round Mock

NFL Draft: Final 1st Round Mock

This article is part of our NFL Draft series.

1. Cleveland Browns – Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

Come on.

2. San Francisco 49ers – DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

If Kyle Shanahan has any influence on the selection, I think Kizer and Pat Mahomes make the most sense. I'd guess Leonard Fournette if not a quarterback.

3. Chicago Bears – Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

We know they aren't going quarterback after that Glennon contract.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars – Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

Tom Coughlin and Doug Marrone are from an era when running backs went this high all the time.

5. Tennessee Titans – Jamal Adams, S, LSU

The Tennessee pass defense was a wreck last year, and they clearly need at least a couple defensive back starters from this draft. Adams is probably the most reliable return in that regard, though the Titans would probably prefer Lattimore. I just doubt any other corner is worth this pick if Adams is there.

6. New York Jets – Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina

Seems like a bad idea.

7. Los Angeles Chargers – Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford

Melvin Gordon took on a crushing workload in the games he played last year, yet only ended up playing about 61 percent of the snaps due to durability issues. The Chargers could project 20 touches per game for Gordon while still giving McCaffrey about 30 percent of the running back snaps alone, let alone wide receiver snaps. If not McCaffrey, Solomon Thomas or Haason Reddick.

8. Carolina Panthers – Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford

The Panthers front office loves defensive linemen, and they actually need some edge talent.

9. Cincinnati Bengals – Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama

The Bengals defensive line could use help whether Allen plays inside or out.

10. Buffalo Bills – O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

If the Bills are going with Tyrod Taylor at quarterback, they should try to maximize the talent around him.

11. New Orleans Saints – Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State

He could go higher, but an inability to work out due to injury makes Hooker a candidate to slip out of the top 10. I realize the Saints already have Kenny Vaccaro and Vonn Bell, but the former is in a contract year, and then there's that whole thing where they have Vaccaro play slot corner some times.

12. Cleveland Browns – Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech

Analytics, man. All those numbers.

13. Arizona Cardinals – Kevin King, CB, Washington

Trying to think out of the box here. If Arizona can't get Mahomes, I think King gives more of an immediate impact at a position of greater need than Mike Williams or Corey Davis would provide at receiver.

14. Philadelphia Eagles – Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin

Lane Johnson is a suspension risk and Jason Peters is almost done.

15. Indianapolis Colts - Haason Reddick, LB, Temple

They might prefer a pure edge rusher, but Reddick could be a Lawrence Timmons-type who gives them a unique blitz threat from the inside, while occasionally contributing outside as well.

16. Baltimore Ravens – Malik McDowell, (3-4) DE, Michigan State

Like Indy, the Ravens could use an edge rusher more so, but McDowell is a uniquely disruptive player if he lines up over the tackle.

17. Washington Redskins – Reuben Foster, (3-4) ILB, Alabama

Su'a Cravens is off to safety, but Mason Foster could use a replacement.

18. Tennessee Titans – John Ross, WR, Washington

Ross could easily go higher, but as far as I know a player with his medical history going higher than this is generally unprecedented.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneeers – Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State

Makes sense.

20. Denver Broncos – David Njoku, TE, Miami (FL)

Denver may have made enough free agency additions on the OL to feel comfortable going at Njoku here.

21. Detroit Lions – Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State

Everyone is projecting guys like Derek Barnett or Charles Harris here but I can't imagine the argument for them over Willis.

22. Miami Dolphins – Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan

Like the Lions, Miami seems zeroed in on a defensive end.

23. New York Giants – Garrett Bolles, OT, Utah

The Giants have relatively few needs, but a potential left tackle is clearly the top one.

24. Oakland Raiders – Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

This is admittedly an odd fit, but I have to consider projecting a 'BPA' pick with Williams if I have him slip this far. Have Crabtree play in the slot instead of Roberts.

25. Houston Texans – Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

Not the Bill O'Brien prototype, but maybe all this fun with Osweiler and Savage has encouraged BOB to open his mind to new aesthetics.

26. Seattle Seahawks – Forrest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky

This one makes too much sense.

27. Kansas City Chiefs – Jabrill Peppers, LB/S, Michigan

The Chiefs have snaps up for grabs at linebacker, and Peppers can play safety when Eric Berry moves to nickel/dime linebacker.

28. Dallas Cowboys – Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

I really want to see Dak, Dez, and Davis on the same field.

29. Green Bay Packers – T.J. Watt, (3-4) OLB, Wisconsin

Groan.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers – Evan Engram, TE, Mississippi

If edge defenders like Takkarist McKinley, Charles Harris, and Derek Barnett fall as depicted in this scenario, Pittsburgh could wait until the second to target edge defenders.

31. Atlanta Falcons – Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

No real needs, but another potential standout outside corner would be nice for this shootout squad.

32. New Orleans Saints – TreDavious White, CB, LSU

Still need more help in the secondary.

RotoWire Community
Join Our Subscriber-Only NFL Chat
Chat with our writers and other RotoWire NFL fans for all the pre-game info and in-game banter.
Join The Discussion
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mario Puig
Mario is a Senior Writer at RotoWire who primarily writes and projects for the NFL and college football sections.
Ryan Grubb and the History of College Coaches Headed to the NFL
Ryan Grubb and the History of College Coaches Headed to the NFL
10 Sneaky Tricks For Your Upcoming Rookie Draft (Video)
10 Sneaky Tricks For Your Upcoming Rookie Draft (Video)
NFL Draft Decisions: Navigating Make-or-Break Moments
NFL Draft Decisions: Navigating Make-or-Break Moments
Dynasty Startup Draft LIVE! Superflex; ROOKIES Included! (Video)
Dynasty Startup Draft LIVE! Superflex; ROOKIES Included! (Video)
NFL Reactions: Breaking Down the Stefon Diggs Trade for Houston and Buffalo
NFL Reactions: Breaking Down the Stefon Diggs Trade for Houston and Buffalo
Payne's Perspective: Players To Avoid This Season
Payne's Perspective: Players To Avoid This Season